- End of the 11th century BC- King David proclaims Jerusalem as his capital city. Ark of the Covenant has been transferred to Jerusalem.
- Middle of the 10th century BC- The Great Jerusalem Temple is being built under rule of King Salomon.
- Mid of the 10th beginning of the 6th century BC- Jerusalem is capital city of the United Kingdom, later of Judea solely.
- 586-516 yy BC- Jerusalem destroyed, the Temple burnt, the most of Jerusalem Jews deported to Babylon.
- 516- 333 yy BC- Jerusalem is small town under Persian rule. Jewish population of Jerusalem is minor.
- 333-167 yy BC- The Greeks replaced Persians in Jerusalem. Jews in Jerusalem are about 10 000.
- 167- 63 yy BC- Hasmoneans revolt. Judea is independent. Jerusalem is its capital City.
- 63 y. BC- Romans captured Jerusalem.
- 37 y BC- Herods the Great is ruling in Jerusalem. Now it is big city. The Second Jerusalem Temple is being built. Population of Jerusalem about 100 000.
- 4 y. AD- Herods is died. His son Archelaus is ruling in Jerusalem.
- 9 y. AD- the Romans removed Herods Archelaus from Jerusalem throne. Roma procurator in Jerusalem
- 67 y. - the Great Revolt began in Caesarea and continued in Jerusalem.
- 70 y - Roma Emperor Vaspasian captured Jerusalem. Thousands of Jews killed, tens thousands deported from Judea. Jerusalem destroyed.
- 70 y - beginning of 2 century AD- Jerusalem is small provincial town. Jews in Jerusalem just a few thousands.
- 130 y - Emperor Adrian ordered to prepare to Third Jerusalem Temple building. And canceled his decision immediately. Bar-Kohba revolt begins.
- II-IV century D- Jerusalem is small provincial town.
- IV-VII century - Jerusalem becomes center of Christian world. Numerous churches of Jerusalem are being built: Holy Sepulcher Church, Assumption, etc. Waves of
pilgrims swamp Jerusalem. Jews in Jerusalem-a few thousands.
- VII-XII century - Jerusalem is under Arab rule. XII-XIII century - the Crusaders are in power in Jerusalem. Saladin captured Jerusalem for short period. XIII-XV century -
Mamalukes is ruling in Jerusalem
- XV-XX century - Jerusalem is small provincial town in Ottoman Empire.
- 1918-48 yy Great Britain is ruling in Jerusalem
- 1948- Until our days- Jerusalem is capital city of State of Israel. Population in Jerusalem about 700 000.